Friday, April 16, 2010

Camel Rides - by Brett






Breakfast time at a Bedouin tent is quite an amazing and delicious experience. You walk into another tent with traditional Bedouin furniture, which means you have the option to either sit on the floor on very comfortable cushions or a table with chairs. They have a huge spread of all kids of foods: vegetables, cheeses, sweet spreads, yogurts, break, cereals, etc. After a delicious breakfast in the Bedouin tent, we had another amazing experience. Riding the camels was so much more different than I’d ever imagined. I rode my camel with Jenna and we had a great time. Getting on the camel and once the camel stands up is an experience in it of itself! I named our camel Merryl Streep, like the actress. We later learned some fun facts about camels that I never knew: a camel can go without water for up to 10 ten days, they cost about $2,500, and they are seen as a sing of wealth among the Bedouin people.

2 comments:

  1. I hear that a camel will just sit down completely with no prior warning? Riding the camels must have been one experience you never could have predicted:}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have been looking forward to riding a camel for a long time now. I hope it was as much fun as you hoped it would be!

    ReplyDelete